- 2 hours
This course is available to RACGP members only.
This activity is a nationally and RACGP accredited CPR refresher. The course covers both the theory and practical skills required to refresh your CPR skills and knowledge. It is a conveniently designed 2 hour course with some online pre-learning.
You will be issued a nationally recognised statement of attainment for HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation as well as 5 points and a certificate of attendance for your RACGP requirements.
This course covers the following:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures;
- Legal, workplace and community considerations;
- Airway obstruction due to body position;
- Appropriate duration and cessation of CPR;
- Appropriate use of an AED;
- Chain of Survival;
- Standard precautions; and
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to:
- How to recognise a person is not breathing normally;
- Response/consciousness; and
- Upper airway and effect of positional change.
- Respond to an emergency situation;
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor;
- Perform at least two (2) minutes of uninterrupted single rescuer CPR (5 cycles of both compressions and ventilations) on an infant resuscitation manikin placed on a firm surface;and
- Communicate details of the incident.
Completion of online pre-learning is required prior to arrival at the face-to-face session in class.
There are no pre-requisites associated with HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Unit(s) of Competency
There are no formal qualifications associated with this course.